Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Open Studios 2008 at Fort Mason

I have done Open Studios for years at Fort Mason, but this was the first year I had the opportunity to also market the gallery. I showed my own work (encaustics and some oil paintings) but also got to show some things from the gallery and give out gallery postcards and invite people to the Artist Reception coming up this Friday.

We typically have our Open Studios at Fort Mason the same weekend the beer fest is also down there so I've grown accustomed to slightly inebriated art lovers, but this year it was Fleet Week, with tons of people in the Marina for picnicing, partying and watching the Blue Angels. It was great weather and yet another great day in San Francisco. I love living here.


I shared a room with 4 other artists and this was my corner of the room to show some encaustics on the wall, mini oil paintings on the table, greetingcards and so forth. I was pleased that so many more people found out about the gallery during the weekend.



A little fair being set up in the parking lot next to our building. They had live music and rides for kids and food vendors.



The Blue Angels, one flying upside down and one not.

Beautiful clear skies and the Blue Angels flying all close together.

No comments: